Indianapolis Product Liability Lawyers
Who Is Responsible When You Are Injured by a Defective Product in Indiana?
Product designers, manufacturers, and distributors have a responsibility to create and sell products that are reasonably safe for consumers to use. In fact, this responsibility means that when a product is unreasonably dangerous and/or defective, the product designer, manufacturer, or distributor can be held legally accountable. This is known as product liability.
If you were injured or your loved one was killed by a defective or dangerous product, Garau Germano, P.C. can help. Our Indianapolis product liability lawyers have nearly 25 years of legal experience and are prepared to fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed.
Defective Product Cases
Product liability law is a broad category which encompasses a wide range of cases under its umbrella. Garau Germano, P.C. is experienced in handling all types of product liability cases, including:
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Automotive defects
- Tools and machinery
- Dangerous toys and children's products
Types of Product Defects
Generally speaking, a defective product can fall under one of three categories. In some cases, a product may be defective in multiple ways, meaning it falls under several categories. This is important, as the type of defect a product has typically points to the responsible party.
The three main types of product defects are:
- Defective Design: A product that has a defective design is one that was designed in such a way as to make it unreasonably unsafe for regular use. For example, a type of car tire that shreds easily at high speeds may be considered to have a design defect.
- Defective Manufacturing: Manufacturing defects occur when an error is made during the production process. Manufacturing defects only affect certain products in a batch, rather than the entire line. Pharmaceutical drugs that become contaminated during production is an example of defective manufacturing.
- Defective Marketing/Labeling: Defective marketing/labeling refers to a product’s safety warnings, instructions, and other necessary labels. For instance, everyone knows that a chainsaw is inherently dangerous. However, warning labels protect the designer and manufacturer from liability in most cases. Failure to equip a product with such labels could be considered defective marketing/labeling.
At Garau Germano, P.C., we represent clients who have been injured or who have lost loved ones due to all kinds of defective products, including medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs, household products, heavy machinery, electronics, and more. Our Indianapolis product liability attorneys can help you fight for the fair recovery you are owed for your medical expenses, lost income, physical pain, and emotional distress.
There are not enough stars to rate the excellence and superb professionalism of Garau Germano, P.C.- Tamra
Honest, professional, courteous, fair, and deeply experienced are adjectives that come to mind when I think of Jerry Garau.- Bao
Mr. Garau was personable, professional and efficient in handling our case.- Thomas