Whether you are visiting the doctor for a routine checkup, or are inquiring about a treatment plan for uncomfortable symptoms, it is imperative that you play an active role in facilitating your health care needs. One of the most effective ways you can do this is to communicate with your doctor and discuss your concerns, questions and feelings about your future and treatment options. At Garau Germano PC, we understand the risks that patients face when seeking medical treatment in Indiana.
As you take proactive steps to be involved in maintaining your health, one of the most important things you can do is to ask questions. However, sometimes it can be difficult to decipher just what questions to ask. According to U.S. News, there are several important questions that can encourage an informative discussion between yourself and your healthcare provider. Some of these questions include the following:
- Have you treated other patients in the past who have experienced the same medical conditions as me?
- Should I schedule a follow-up appointment to discuss improvements and progress?
- Why will this medication help me?
- What should I be doing between now and my next visit to expedite my recovery?
- What do you think of the symptoms I have disclosed to you?
When you ask the right questions, engage in the conversation and take control of your health care treatment, you can play a pivotal role in preventing a potentially threatening medical error. For more information about staying safe from doctor errors, visit our web page.