Barbara Germano grew up in South Bend, Indiana. Her practice over the past 30 years has focused primarily on helping injured people. She typically represents people who have been injured by medical malpractice. She also represents people who have been injured by careless drivers.
Barbara obtained her law degree from Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis in 1988. Before going to law school, she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Indiana University in 1978.
After graduating from law school, Barbara entered private practice with the law firm of Price & DeLaney. Barbara has lectured and written on various legal subjects. She is a member of the Indianapolis, and Indiana State Bar Associations, as well as the American Association of Justice. She is also a Fellow of the Indiana Bar Foundation. She is on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the College of Fellows of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. She is listed among the Super Lawyers®, the Top 100 Lawyers in America, and the Outstanding Lawyers of America.
In 1997, Barbara and her colleagues formed their own law firm where they continue to fight for people who have been injured by medical malpractice. The firm, Garau Germano, P.C., is located in Indianapolis.
Areas of Practice
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1989
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Co-Author: "Underinsurance in Indiana: An Illusion of Coverage?", 21 Indiana Law Review 1, 1989
- Lecturer: Impaired Earning Capacity Proving the Full Measure of the Loss, ITLA Seminar, 1996
- IUPUI Division of Continuing Studies Mini Law School Medical Malpractice, 1996 - Present
- Guest Instructor: Indiana University School of Law at Bloomington Trial Practice Program, 1996 - 1998
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Foundation
- American Association for Justice
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The American Society of Legal Advocates