Barbara J. Germano
Barbara Germano grew up in South Bend, Indiana. Her practice over the past twenty years has focused primarily on helping injured people. She typically represents people who have been injured by medical malpractice. She also represents people who have been injured by careless drivers.
Barbara obtained her law degree from Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis in 1988. Before going to law school, she obtained a bachelor of arts degree from Indiana University in 1978.
After graduating from law school, Barbara entered private practice with the law firm of Price & DeLaney. Barbara has lectured and written on various legal subjects. She is also a member of the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations as well as the Indiana Trial Lawyer’s Association, the American Association of Justice, and the Outstanding Lawyers of America.
In 1997, Barbara and four other lawyers formed their own law firm where they continue to fight for people who have been injured by medical malpractice. The firm, Garau Germano, P.C., is located at Market Square Center in Indianapolis. In addition to medical malpractice, Barbara also handles personal injury and legal malpractice cases.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Legal Malpractice
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1989
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1988
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1978
- Co-Author: "Underinsurance in Indiana: An Illusion of Coverage?", 21 Indiana Law Review 1, 1989
- Lecturer: Impaired Earning Capacity Proving the Full Measure of the Loss, ITLA Seminar, 1996
- IUPUI Division of Continuing Studies Mini Law School Medical Malpractice, 1996 - Present
- Guest Instructor: Indiana University School of Law at Bloomington Trial Practice Program, 1996 - 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member, 1989 - Present
- Indiana State Bar Associations, Member, 1989 - Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 1990 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1993 - Present
- American Association for Justice
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The American Society of Legal Advocates